Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

An Afternoon on the Lake

We finally got some sun!!  I was beginning to think it would pass us by because we really have had nothing but cold, wet weather all spring with temps sitting well below the norm.  So, we got the canoes out and had our first row today and wow!! it was fabulous!!  I think I might have some pretty sore arm muscles tomorrow:)


We found a shady little spot on the far side of the lake where we relaxed and saw ducks, geese and herons flying by.

That's me watching a heron eating his lunch.















My sweetie with his hockey playoff beard.  We are H U G E Canuck fans and are hoping they win the Stanley Cup this year!!











Got to see two herons.  The one on the right was fishing and managed to catch his lunch right in front of us.  Oh, I just can't wait to get out again!!

I also wanted to share a photo of my baby boy (well he's not a baby anymore, just my youngest).  He and a group of friends did their very first gig yesturday and I am so proud of him!  He is the lead singer as well as guitar player for their band and they did songs by Coldplay (the Scientist), Badfinger (Day after day) and a song they wrote themselves.  Dylan is wearing the red and blue cap.


Here's to many more performances!!