Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

16 Years of Bliss!

Yesturday, my dear love and I celebrated our 16th  Wedding Anniversary.  Its always such a good feeling to look back on all the years we've spent together and also to plan for the ones ahead.  We were married on a Monkey's Wedding Day - not sure if you know what that means, but from where I come from, it happens when it's raining but the sun is shining at the same time.  I'm sure you've all witnessed an occassion like that.  In South Africa we called it a Monkey's Wedding Day!

So, to celebrate our special day, we spent the evening at a quaint little Bavarian House and sampled their delicious escargot and baked camembert with cranberry sauce for starters, and then we each tried a different Schnitzel.  Mine was an Oscar - with crab, asparagus and bearnaise sauce, while my sweet love tried his with a rack of lamb, crusted with a mustard rub.  Definitely yummy!  And the red cabbage was to die for - who knew cabbage could tast so good?


That's us at my mom and dad's on Sunday.  Mom made us a lovely cake and took this pic of us with her new camera. 

Hopefully I'll get one more post in before we leave for our trip on Friday!  Until then, enjoy the rest of your week!

hugs,
Shell